Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Place That Built Me

It was the 14th of January, 2012

I walked out of the airport doors. It was chilly. I did wear a lot of clothes but me and my bizarre cold. Nomatter how much clothes I bundle myself up with i still freeze. However, I was so elated at being home that none of that mattered atall.

Guwahati I missed you much!


Uruka ( Bihu eve) is always a night of endless feast and that is exactly what I did. Hogged like I'd been starving for months. After dinner, me and my big family settled around the bonfire. I aimlessly strummed the chords of the guitar while the rest of them sang.

Mainamoni Ba's birthday cake. She must have been the only birthday girl in the world to choose her own (so-called) surprise birthday cake and worse even decide which of her innumerable pet names be written on the cake. We are such bad siblings!

The grotto at my old school. I wonder if there were so many vines and creepers around it during our time. Nonetheless, it still looks more or less the same.

Well the school uniform has changed! I feel they should have maintained the gray otherwise blazer and all are fine. We looked smarter though. *smirk*

Mary and Jesus statue inside the school chapel. I seriously had so many dreams about it. All blurry now. Finally walking through the chapel doors was enthralling!

Koka's (grandfather) 13th death anniversary. Can't believe it's been such a long time. 

Living in the riverside is always such a treat. Its even better during winters when the beaches come out.

The traditional way of fishing still continues. Oh how I love my city.

As soon as I spotted this pair of adorable dogs I knew I had to take a picture. After much protest from my bro (who hate dogs) I retreated. 

Serene. It makes me kinda stop and stare for an eternity.

 A baba walking down the shore. Awesome!


This shabby blue boat with those red orange stripes really caught my eyes. I clicked like a hundred pictures of it.


Like all good times come to an end, my one week stay at home was no exception. Needless to say, I'd such great fun. Somebody said it right; home is where the heart is. Whenever I'm home I feel just right, as if all this time, away from home, there was this emptiness, a teeny little space in my heart that wept for something, that always missed something, that always wanted to be somewhere, and that always knew what it'd take to fill that space up....

...the place that built me!

13 comments:

  1. after the thorough verbal description of ur stay at home, i get to see these pictures too...the story is complete....goin good su.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks aarti. your feedback means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Post meetu... when u showed me the pics I told u only when u say ur story will the photos make sense... And well the post tells ur story in a lovely way... Awesome post... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so Regret not cuming to Guwahati ..!
    None the less.. this has made me look fwd to our planned trip
    All the more.. :)
    U r going good with the Camera girl..
    I n Amil wnt to be ur Subjects :)
    Muaah !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! Thanks so much Harshi and I'd love to have such wonderful subjects..:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with this place after reading ur blog.... awsome it is.... just <3 the pictures and the story...:) fantastic su... :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks avantika...well anytime you feel like coming over to this place just temme...its my place..my Guwahati!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pics,, old world charm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this place has a character to it, and each picture has a story in it!!
    nice pictures!!

    ReplyDelete