Monday 15 June 2015

Mumbai skies

Everybody is talking about the monsoons and about how suddenly the city has transformed from a dull and dreary place to a place full of spirit. Mumbai is enthralling during monsoons, especially during the first few days of shower, after a long and patient wait for the skies to break, the clouds to growl, the balmy breeze to blow and those sweet little drops to fall upon the ground bringing smiles to millions. Yes you heard it right, millions!!!!

But did you ever wonder how the sky looked like a day or two before?

Well, here's a peep.


The clouds were playing with me for over a week. It'd be overcast one day, sultry the other. Just when you thought it'd rain, they would simply swagger by, not a hint of shower.

One regular evening, my father-in-law suggested we go upstairs to the terrace and click pictures. 

I had no idea what I'd witness. 


Everything looked normal when we reached but just as dusk began to fall the sky went through a transition of colours, as if somebody started splattering colours on a vast canvas. It was unbelievable!


A thought crossed my mind as I stood there admiring the beauty of nature, a silly thought of course! 
How many of us might have been lucky enough to have the time to be a part of this phenomenal performance by the vault of heaven. You gaze at it everyday maybe, but you seem to have missed the climax, when they come alive; the clouds bursting into a gracious dance of their own as the fiery sun throws a magnificent ray of light at them, and right there at the backdrop, the sky stands still, blue as ever! 

I'm glad I had the time to hold my gaze, right till the curtains fell.


4 comments:

  1. Breathtaking pictures.. :)
    This time of the year promises you such picturesque every other day ..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aarti! Yes, you're absolutely right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pictures and ofcourse what's written.. The way you write I feel a part of the situation and can easily visualise it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Harshi...I'm glad you like my writing style :)

    ReplyDelete